New Ancient Theater
I can think of better ways to start Didaskalia's second year than with an editorial harangue. After all, we've come a good way since posting our first announcements back in December of 1993. Our distribution continues to grow and advances in computer technology open endless possibilities for the future. [ Read more ]...
'POXY POXY 413: A Conversation between Collaborators on the translation of Oxyrhynchus Papyrus 413'
Davidson Chedgzoy and Stevenson Montserrat
'Shoestring's Birds: A Sequel to Aristophanes'
Dennis Douglas and Lisa Mason
'The Making of Orpheus and Eurydice: A Musical Odyssey for Young People'
'Writing Greek Tragedies'
'An Actor's Response to the role of Haimon
in Sophokles' Antigone'
Grillparzer's Medea in Padova, Italy
Aristophanes' Wasps and Sophocles' Philoctetes in Ann Arbor, Michigan, U.S.A.
Dana D. Buck
Casina and Samia in Malibu, California, U.S.A.
Joint review of ATC and RSC productions of Ion, Cambridge and London, England
Euripides' Medea in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
Scenes from Lucian's Sketches in London, England
Review of Izenour's Roofed Theaters
Review of Neiiendam's Art of Acting in Classical Antiquity
Review of McKay's Mask Making
- Antigone in Toronto, Ontario
- The Frogs and The Assemblywomen in Toronto, Ontario
- Philoctetes in Vietnam in Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Hecuba in San Francisco, California
- Bacchae in Alfred, New York
- Birds in Wellesley, Massachussets
- Lysistrata in Dayton, Ohio
- Utah Festival 1995-96 Tour of Bacchae
- RSC Ion in London
- Birds in Cambridge
- Thesmophoriazusae in London
- Lysistrata in London
- Cyclops in London
- Andromache in Newcastle
- Birds and Medea on tour
- Orpheus in the Underworld in Reading
- Edipo Re and Edipo a Colono on tour
- Ecuba on tour
- De thuiskomst van Odysseus, written and perfomed by Frank Groothof
- Hekabe by the RO-theater Rotterdam
- Purcell's Dido and Aeneas in Cape Town
- Lectures at the London Festival of Greek Drama
- Drama-Related Lectures at the 1995 Annual General Meeting of the Classical Association
- Interim Report: Multi-Partner Project in Athens
- Open Mike for Rhapsodes at CAMWS
- Dramatic Lectures in the CA Tape Library
- Conference: 'Nineteenth-Century Appropriations of Ancient Greece in Britain'
- Aulos Demonstration at Oxford
- Summer Theatre Workshop on Hydra
- Hydra Workshop Seeks Classicist